You’ve been dreaming of a Caribbean getaway for a long time now and this is the perfect chance for you to stick your toes in soft, grainy sand and feel the ocean sprays on your skin and sunlight on your face.
Why wouldn’t you want to visit Bermuda??? We’ll tell you how to plan a last minute trip to Bermuda complete with airline, accommodation and activity suggestions and your must-haves for a quick trip to the Caribbean.
Last Minute Fares to Bermuda
The time is ticking away and you have to find a last minute fare to Bermuda. There are several avenues through which cheap flights to Bermuda can be found.
For starters, you can check the websites of airlines that have regularly scheduled flights to Bermuda.
If you do not have the time to check individual airlines and schedules, you can use online travel companies.
If you live in Canada, Air Canada and WestJet Airlines provide regularly scheduled services to Bermuda. Air Canada’s flights from Toronto are every day except Fridays and Saturdays and flights from Halifax are every day except Fridays and Mondays.
- WestJet currently has Bermuda flight services on Sundays, Tuesdays and Sundays.
- Both Air Canada and WestJet have had successful partnerships with Bermuda, and they provide a remarkable connection network throughout Canada.
United Kingdom and Europe
Residents of the United Kingdom or Europe have access to Bermuda via British Airways. The airline flies to Bermuda every day of the week except Monday and usually depart London Gatwick in the afternoon. British Airways is a premier option for European residents interested in vacationing in Bermuda because of its vast connections throughout Europe and Asia, and its excellent track record of service excellence.
United States of America
If you are in the United States of America, your options include American Airlines, Delta Air Lines, JetBlue and United Airlines. American Airlines has as many as two daily flights from New York to Bermuda and flights every day of the week from Miami.
- Delta operates daily flights to Bermuda from Boston, New York and Atlanta.
- United Airline’s has flights from Newark, New Jersey on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
- JetBlue’s flights to Bermuda to New York are scheduled on Sundays, Mondays, Thursdays and Fridays. Flights from Boston are seasonal and are usually announced on Jet Blue’s website.
Connections through these major cities means that Bermuda is easily accessible via almost any route that American Airlines, Delta, Jet Blue and Unites Airlines fly.
Online Travel Companies
Websites like Expedia, Travelocity, Trivago, Orbitz, Last Minute and Hot Wire provide hundreds of options which can get you to Bermuda in a flash.
The beauty about online travel companies is that they provide loads of flights at your fingertips. All you have to do is enter your starting point, your destination, desired dates and how many people are travelling. You will then be presented with hundreds of itineraries with lots of routings.
Find Somewhere to Stay in Bermuda
Now that you’ve sorted out your flight, it’s time to find somewhere to stay on your last minute trip to Bermuda. If you have no idea of where to start, you can easily peruse Trip Advisor for hotel suggestions.
Ultimately, your budget will determine the type of accommodation that you choose. However, last minute trips may be a bit pricier and it will be difficult to find really good deals at such short notice.
Insiders have noted that it’s best to stay in the central town of Hamilton or surrounding areas, because of access to public transportation and close proximity to activities and events.
Booking.com is one of the top rated travel sites with a variety of Bermuda accommodation listings, reviews and prices. On the island, guests will find a collection of apartments, cottages, floating hotels, guest houses, hotels and resorts and air bnbs.
Airbnb is a unique website which allows travellers to find holiday accommodation at a good price. When planning your trip to Bermuda, Airbnb can provide suggestions about properties or spare rooms available for rent. These accommodation options may be cheaper than hotels, but there may be little to no amenities.
Home Away & Vacation Rentals by Owner (VRBO)
Home Away and VRBO are sister companies with vacation rental sites that link vacationers to stand-alone rental homes and apartments. Both Home Away’s and VRBO’s Bermuda properties are located all over the island and target various budget levels.
Many of the properties listed require a minimum stay, but you should confirm with the property owner before making your booking.
Hotels, hotels and more hotels in Bermuda on Hotels.com. You will find hotels and bread and breakfast lodgings to suit any budget. Budget friendly, mid-range and luxury accommodation in Bermuda are featured with honest reviews from customers.
Flip Key is also a vacation rental site that has an extensive listing of rentals in Bermuda. It is part of the Trip Advisor family and is backed by the honest ratings that are characteristic of TripAdvisor.com. Flip Key verifies all property owners and includes and pricing for properties.
Top 5 Activities in Bermuda
Now that you’ve booked your flight and accommodation for your last minute trip to Bermuda, it’s time to plan your activities. Here are our top five activities to enjoy in Bermuda.
Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo
The Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo is a showcase of fish, coral reefs, birds, reptiles and mammals and a centre for science, research and conservation.
- Location: 40 North Shore Road, Flatts FL 04, Bermuda
- How to Get There: #7 and #8 bus from Dockyard to Hamilton; #10 and #11 bus from Hamilton or St. George’s
- Hours of Operation: 9:00am – 4:00pm
- Admission: $10 for adults
The Crystal and Fantasy Caves of Bermuda
The Crystal and Fantasy Caves of Bermuda are a spectacular attraction of natural formations and pools.
- Location: Wilkinson Avenue, Hamilton Parish
- How to Get There: Bus routes #1, #3, #10 and #11 from Hamilton and St. George
- Hours of Operation: 9:00am – 5:00pm
- Admission:$30 for adults (for both caves)
A self-guided tour is an excellent opportunity to be immersed in life in Bermuda and catch a glimpse of its history.
- Location: Hamilton
- How to Get There: All transportation heading to the city of Hamilton
- Hours of Operation: Not applicable
- Admission: Free
Horseshoe Bay Beach
Horseshoe Bay Beach is a gorgeous pink sand beach, popular for swimming, snorkelling, sun bathing, restaurants and shopping.
- Location: Southampton Parish
- How to Get There:
- Hours of Operation: Not applicable (Lifeguards are on duty from 10:00am – 6:00pm)
- Admission: Free
The Historic Town of St. George, Bermuda
Take an all-day bus trip down memory lane in St. George’s, the first permanent English settlement in Bermuda and is a renowned historic site.
- Location: St. George
- How to Get There: #1, #3, #10 and #11 bus
- Hours of Operation: Not applicable
- Admission: $6 for adults
Must-Haves for a Last Minute Trip to Bermuda
You’ve booked your flight, hotel and activities for your awesome last minute trip to the Bahamas. All that’s left is to decide what you should take.
One of the best tips I’ve received about travelling is to create a checklist of all the things that you will need on your trip. I always make the list ahead of time, just in case I forget something in the few days before I travel.
Here is a handy list of items to take with you on your trip to Bermuda:
- Travel documents – Valid passport, airline confirmation, hotel confirmation
- Travel bag* – A secure bag to keep your valuables in whilst travelling in Bermuda
- Toiletries – Toothbrush, toothpaste, mouth wash, soap, lotion, deodorant, scents
- Clothing – Light clothing that requires no pressing, swim wear, a sweater
- Shoes – Sandals, slippers and enclosed shoes
- Head Protection – Hats* and sunglasses*
- Skin – Sun protection *(Sun tan lotion and sunscreen)
- Money – Cash, credit and debit cards
One Bag has an excellent list, which you can use for your ultimate travel packing checklist.
Have you ever heard of the Great Blue Hole in Belize? Get your diving gear together and go deep.
Follow Endless Caribbean on Twitter, and receive daily insider tips about the Caribbean.