The results are in and Curacao is one of the best Atlantic Dive Destinations for 2021. In its annual knowledge and opinion seeking exercise, Scuba Diving Magazine polled its readers to find out their views on travel categories, destinations and operators in the diving world. With the assistance of an independent agency, the magazine collects data from thousands of followers to see which are the best diving destinations in the Caribbean and the rest of the world.
Votes from over 6,000 divers in the 28th Annual Scuba Diving Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Awards, gave rankings on a 1 to 5 scale. This year’s survey saw an increase of 20 percent over last year’s survey. The beauty of the survey is that it lets divers of every skillset give their views on the best places to dive; the best scuba diving operators; top scuba diving resorts; and the best liveaboards in the world. As a result, those diving destinations that wowed divers with the health of their reefs, dive facilities, and diving specialties were recognised and awarded.
Best Atlantic Dive Destinations
Curaçao, which is located in the Caribbean Sea – one of the most beautiful and pristine seas on earth, was a consistent placer in top 10 rankings and proved yet again that that it’s one of the best places to go diving in the Caribbean. In the Caribbean and Atlantic for the destination awards, Curacao won many votes:
- 9th place for best overall dive destination
- 4th place for macro life list;
- 10th place for best wreck diving
- 7th place for cavern, cave and grotto
- 2nd place for shore diving
- 5th place for beginner diving
- 5th place for best snorkelling
- 9th place for best value
- Best Diver Operators (Quality of Facilities): Ocean Encounters
Because of this consistency, the island is the Best Overall Caribbean Destination for 2021. Ocean Encounters, which has facilities at LionsDive Beach Resort and Sunscape Beach Resort, Spa and Casino, is the best dive operator – quality.
Top Caribbean Diving Destinations
The awards also highlighted other top Caribbean diving destinations. Other Caribbean gems which also won awards include Bonaire, the Bahamas, the Cayman Islands, Belize, Turks and Caicos, Cuba, Puerto Rico, St. Lucia, the British Virgin Islands, the United States Virgin Islands, Aruba, Bermuda, and Dominica.
For further reading about Curacao’s Best Atlantic Dive Destinations accolades; and the 28th Annual Scuba Diving Magazine’s Reader’s Choice Awards, please visit:
- Dive News Wire: Curaçao is a Best Overall Caribbean Destination for 2021 Curacao is a Top Rated Scuba Diving Destination
- Scuba Diving: The Best Scuba Diving Operators, Resorts and Liveaboards The Best Scuba Diving Operators, Resorts and Dive Sites
- Scuba Diving: The Best Scuba Diving in the World Best Scuba Diving in the World