One-piece swimsuits are iconic swimwear items that have withstood competition from bikinis, tankinis, and rash guards. A likely reason for this is that the one-piece has moved with fashion, to incorporate some of the latest designs of swimwear. Instead of being classed as boring and frumpy, the one-piece swimsuit is now sexy and sultry and of course, very comfortable.
The one-piece swimsuit is an extremely versatile piece that can go anywhere you want it to go. Even though they look best on a sandy Caribbean beach, they can function as tops and paired with tropical sarongs, beach wraps, shorts, skirts, pants and jeans. As long as there is warm weather, it’s time for a one-piece swimsuit. It is a classic swimsuit that should be added to your travel essentials shopping list.
Table of Contents
- 1 Types of Swimsuits
- 2 One-Piece Swimsuits
- 3 1. Hilor Women’s One-Piece Swimwear
- 4 2. Cupshe Women’s One-Piece Swimsuit
- 5 3. Meyeeka Womens Scoop Neck One-Piece Swimsuit
- 6 4. Smismivo Tummy Control Halter One-Piece
- 7 5. Cocoship Vintage Sailor Pin Up Swimsuit
- 8 6. Holipick Women’s Sexy One-Piece Swimsuit
- 9 7. B2prity Women’s Slimming One Piece Swimsuit
Types of Swimsuits
When you consider the various features of swimsuits, it can be a task to decide which one to buy. When shopping, you have to choose many options such bra type, chest padding, bottom type, neckline, colour, style, patterns, details and of course, the price and size.
- Bra Type: Bra types can be push-up, wireless, triangle, micro-bra or underwire.
- Chest Padding: The bra type can be further personalised with removable padding, fixed padding; or no padding.
- Bottom Type: The different types of bottoms include full coverage; shorts; high cut; bikini, hipster, cheeky, natural, skirt, high-waist, tie-side, v-string and thongs.
- Neckline: The neckline of a swimsuit can make it wearable almost everywhere. Options include high neck; asymmetrical neck; square neck; scoop neck; V neck; plunge neck; straps; bandeau; halter; one shoulder; off the shoulder; hooded; and stand collar.
- Colour: Choosing the perfect swimsuit colour is simple as long as you stick to the colours that you love. Base colours include blue, green, pink, red, purple, orange, yellow, black, white, grey, brown, and khaki.
- Patterns: Swimsuit colours and patterns go hand in hand. Some of the more popular patterns are plain, floral, graphic, geometric, tropical, animal print, stipes, colour block, flag, tribal, polka dot, plaid, paisley, chevron, houndstooth and chevron.
- Style: The style of a one-piece swimwear will also determine if you can wear it outside of the beach. Styles are usually classified as elegant, sporty, sexy, cute, casual and boho.
- Details: The details of swimsuits are strictly based on personal preference. You may prefer ruffles, cut outs, contrast binding, zippers, tie fronts, rings, belts, frills, ruched, eye lets, embroidery, buckles or any other accessory.
- Size: One-piece swimsuits are for everyone and usually range from sizes extra-small to 5XL.
There are various types of one-piece swimsuits, each with specific styles that are suited to different body types. Swimsuits of the past were designed to cover the body and hide perceived flaws. However, modern one-piece swimsuits focus on accentuating and flattering the areas that deserve attention. Whether you are looking for a classic cover up or a daring cut out, you will find a one-piece that suits your tastes.
Here are some of the best one-piece swimsuits you can buy for your trip to the Caribbean:
1. Hilor Women’s One-Piece Swimwear
The Hilor Women’s One-Piece is a sexy swimsuit with a slimming design that is available in many colours and patterns. It has lining throughout and includes a tummy mesh control panel that keeps extra fat stable. There are bands that stretch around the waist to give the illusion of a smaller waist; sturdy elastic straps that offer bust support; and a full coverage bottom.
2. Cupshe Women’s One-Piece Swimsuit
The Cupshe Women’s One-Piece can be worn at the beach or paired with a jeans, sandals and a summer straw bag. This swimsuit has a bow knot at the waist that gives the appearance of a wrap top. It is currently available in sizes extra small up to extra large. The one-piece comes in a variety of colours and there are a few options that include animal and floral prints.
3. Meyeeka Womens Scoop Neck One-Piece Swimsuit
The Meyeeka Women’s Scoop One-Piece is a monokini, which favours the bikini. It is a sexy piece that has spaghetti straps, a lace-up back and sexy cut-outs in the front and the back. Some of the other note-worthy features are its full coverage bottom, scoop neck, high cut leg area and removable breast pads. The swimsuit comes in several solid colours, animal print patterns and tie-dye.
4. Smismivo Tummy Control Halter One-Piece
If you are self-conscious about your tummy area, the Smismivo Tummy Control Halter swimsuit is good choice. Because it has a ruched pattern in the front, it can disguise any problem areas in the bust and tummy area. The adjustable halter neck helps to support the bust and there are padded push-up bras for added support. The swimsuit is available in floral, paisley, animal print, polka dot and plain prints.
5. Cocoship Vintage Sailor Pin Up Swimsuit
For a retro look with a modern feel, the Cocoship Vintage Sailor Pin Up Swimsuit is a good choice. It is a one-piece swim dress with an adjustable halter top and attached skirt. This piece has removeable breast cups, and wide neck straps that offer breast support. The swimsuit slims the waist and adequately covers the bottom and hips. Sizes run from small to 6XL. Available patterns include solids, florals, and polka dots in many colours.
6. Holipick Women’s Sexy One-Piece Swimsuit
If you want a sexy swimsuit with a bit of coverage, the Holipick one-piece is a great option. The swimsuit features a deep V-neck that plunges to the navel. There is also a lace-up detail that adds interest to the front and sides . In the back, there is a circular cut-out that shows the right amount of skin. The swimsuit is available in sizes from extra small to 5XL and the colours and patterns are animal prints, stripes and solid prints.
7. B2prity Women’s Slimming One Piece Swimsuit
Tummy control and boob coverage are two of the top features of the B2prity Women’s Slimming One-Piece Swimsuit. The fabric under the bust and around the tummy area of the swimsuit is ruched, and thus provides coverage to the area. There is also extra fabric that reduces the appearance of side boob. And, the halter top straps help to support the breasts. Sizes range from small to 5XL and patterns are floral and solid colours.