Are you ready to experience the Barbados Food and Rum Festival? The event is back and ready for foodies to experience the diverse cuisine in the birthplace of rum – Barbados. The 2022 Barbados Food and Rum Festival will celebrate the best of local cuisine through a variety of culinary and beverage experiences. From October 27th to 30th live out your wildest foodie dreams in Barbados.
For more than ten years, the festival has celebrated the best in Barbados’ food and beverage industry. This year, the theme is Feed the Future, which highlights the festival’s commitment to:
- Supporting education and training opportunities in culinary and hospitality development.
- Recognizing the role of tourism in creating and sustaining a high quality of life for Barbadians
- Believing that Barbados must adopt sustainable practices and using the festival to emphasize the importance of food security for small island developing states
The 2022 festival events will tantalise the taste buds and stimulate other senses through a variety of flavourful experiences. Guests will experience celebrations of gastronomic art which features local and international chefs and beverage experts.
- October 27, 2022: Oistins Under the Stars
- October 28, 2022: Chef Classics & Rum Route Street Party
- October 29, 2022: R&R: Rise and Rum the Breakfast Beach Party & Restaurant Night
- October 30, 2022: Cask: The Story of Rum & Liquid Gold Feast
This year’s Barbados Food and Rum Festival is partnering with local talent to tell the stories of food in Barbados. The event will feature a number of junior chefs, senior chefs, pastry chefs and mixologists.
Junior chefs participating in this year’s event are Shanese Phoenix, Kiara Riley, D’Sean Miller and Shakayla Bovell. Senior chefs in the event are Damian Leach, Javon Cummins, Seth Bromley, Glenroy Alleyne, Thaddeus Sealy, Creig Greenidge, Nicholas Ifill, Marvin Applewhaite, Trevon Stoute, John Hazzard, Rhea Gilkes, and Shamar Griffith.
Pastry chefs are Jamal Whittaker, Rodney Corbin and Danielle Gibson. Mixologists for the 2022 festival are Natasha Jules, Alex Chandler, David Barker, Philip Antoine, Shane McClean, Dameain Williams, Andrez Antoine, Jamaal Bowen, Adrian Bryan, Ryan Adamson and Antonio Busby.
There will also be international chefs, mixologists and culinary personalities.